The excitement in me at the moment is unmeasurable because Kérastase has released their new Curl Manifesto hair care line and I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to test them out!
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting the website!
This is my first time using Kérastase products so I was skeptical and as a passionate curly girl, I have every right to be.
They reached out and gifted me this line with no expectation of anything in return, which means that I am giving you my honest and raw opinion about these products!
The Kérastase Curl Manifesto line come’s with six different products for curly hair:
Bain Hydration Douceur Shampoo
Brain Hydration Conditioner
Curl Enhancing Leave-In Cream
Masque Beurre Haute Nutrition Hair Mask
Gelée Curl Contour Gel-Cream
Huile Sublime Repair Hair Oil
Let’s start with a little run down on my hair routine and hair health. From what I understand I seem to have type 3b curls, my hair is on the drier side and its medium porosity.
Not too bad for someone who’s hair routine is pretty basic and by basic I mean; cleanse, condition, deep condition, leave-in condition, oil and sometimes I even swap out the leave-in for a cream.
I don’t even deep condition every time I cleanse, nor do I always cleanse when I condition.. so it varies.
This was going to be a true test for a thorough and FULLY dedicated luxury haircare day!
Now to indulge in my thoughts on each Kérastase Curl Manifesto products.
Step 1: Cleanse with the Bain Hydration Douceur Shampoo
– A little goes a long way, with a rich lather, a lovely mature scent and a hydrating cleanse.
– It definitely helped me remove the build up from my last product application.
– My scalp did not feel stripped or dry.
Step 2: Condition and gently detangle with the Brain Hydration Conditioner
– Thick rich and creamy texture.
– Melts into hair with enough slip to help gently detangle curls.
– Softens and hydrates curls, adding shine to hair shaft.
Step 3: Deep condition with the Masque Beurre Haute Nutrition Hair Mask
– The thick and heavy consistency allowed me to use small portions.
– It has amazing slip that helped glide the product into my wet curls.
– Deep conditioned for 10 minutes
– Curls instantly felt soft, shiny and smelt amazing!
Step 4: Hydrate with the Curl Enhancing Leave-In Cream
– Milky and viscous texture, which is great for hydrating curls.
– Instantly re added extra shine and softness.
– Not much needed to properly hydrate hair.
Step 5: Apply the Huile Sublime Repair Hair Oil
– Best smelling out of all products
– Only a few drops needed for application
– Adds shine and nourishes hair
Step 6: Define with the Gelée Curl Contour Gel-Cream
– Another milky textured product.
– Enough slip to gently slide or scrunch the product into your hair.
– Gives light/medium hold.
This product line is priced on the higher end for products but I can confidentally say that Kérastase made sure that each product in the Curl Manifesto line went a long with with a little but of product.
You probably noticed how many times I mentioned a little went a long way and for the luxury price of each product, I can’t argue with that!
Gonna keep a few of these on my restock list.
Which product from this line intrigued you the most?
You can watch a full review and demo of me trying the product below or on my YouTube channel!